Configuring the common toolbar-style pop-up blockers
- First, determine which toolbars are installed by examining the toolbar list in Internet Explorer.
- Click the "View" menu and hover the mouse cursor on the "Toolbars" menu item. The list of installed
toolbars will appear.
- "Menu Bar" and "Status Bar" are default toolbars. Toolbars with a checkmark next to the name
should be visible in the browser.
- Ensure that each non-default toolbar is checked and visible. Some toolbars will appear at the
right edge of the browser and need to be moved in order to view all of the toolbar's buttons. To move
a toolbar, ensure that the "Lock the Toolbars" option is unchecked, then drag any toolbars which are
not completely visible to a better location.
- Use each toolbar's interface to disable it or configure it to allow Pop-ups. Details for common
toolbars are listed below. If any toolbars require whitelisting, use the domain "inxpo.com".
Use the Google Toolbar Pop-up Blocker Help.
Use the MSN Toolbar Pop-up Blocker Help.
Use the Yahoo Toolbar Pop-up Blocker Help.
Use the AOL Toolbar Pop-up Blocker Help.
- To disable the Alexa Toolbar Pop-up Blocker, click the chevron button next to the Alexa logo
on the left side of the toolbar to display the options menu.
- Select the "Options" menu item. The Alexa Toolbar options will appear inside the browser window.
- Find the "Pop-up Manager" section on the options page and deselect the "Enable Pop-up Manager" option
to allow Pop-ups on all sites.
- To whitelist specific domains without disabling the Pop-up blocker, enter the URL in the field
under the "Always allow Pop-ups from these sites" heading and click the "Add" button to add it to the
whitelist. You must add the following URL to configure the Alexa Toolbar to work with the event.